Saturday, June 23, 2007

Hiccups in Lion City - No 1

Location: Paul & Joe counter at Wisma Atria

After being left to wait around for like 20 minutes while the pregnant sales rep chit chat to her friends and endless attempts to try to catch her eyes as my polite "excuse me please" fell on deaf ears; she finally found time in her busy 'work' schedule to attend to me.

Me: " Can I get one of your crayon sharpener please?"

She looked at me momentarily, no speech uttered through her faded lipsticked lips.

Oh, give me to me like NOW. Can't she see I am now pretty desperate.

After like an eternity.

Her: "One of your............?" She looked at me blankly, not understanding my request.

Oh for f%$@'s sake!

Me, took the sharpener off the display counter and hold it up to her eyes:" I want this, one please."

Her:" Just one?"

Why!! Instruction not clear ENOUGH?? Why on earth do I need TWO??
Does she want me to show her how to do her job?? (I used to be a mobile sales rep, vacation job)

Maybe next time I should mimic them and do the Singlish thingy. They might end up calling me Ah Lian soon as I turn my back. Sigh....

No comments: