Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Sweet Bread versus Sweet Cake

I was on a baking frenzy last week, baked 4 sausages and egg mayo buns (not pictured), 4 polo cocktail buns and one round 8 in featherlight cheesecake. Was torn among the 3; which to eat for breakfast, which for lunch and which for afternoon tea ah??

Polo cocktail bun
Why my polo skin does not crack **sob**sob**but tasty nonetheless. Big King especially like the filling, weyhey!!

Light cheesecake
Weird texture cake, a bit like souffle, a bit like chiffon but not as dry, aiyo hard to describe leh, gotta taste for youself, go make lah, recipe here.

I noticed there were some unanswered questions from my readers, sorry ah. I forgot....

The cream in the recipe can be substituted with milk if you don't have cream. I recommend using caster sugar in the recipe rather than granulated to ensure all sugar is fully incorporated as caster is finer. I do not think cooling the cake in the oven with the door ajar is necessary but you can always try and let me know the result :p.

Cut and fold method: Refer here.

No comments: