Thursday, March 18, 2010

[Melbourne Oct2009] Rest of what I ate.......

It was a shame I was very sick in Melbourne, there was so much good food that I missed, orz.......

Kum Den fish ball noodles
Fish ball and fish cake noodles and jellyfish salad at Kum Den

The famed homemade fishball and cake were indeed tasty and bouncy.

Jellyfish was forgettable and smell a bit fishy, I suppose it's inevitable as they were frozen stuff.

Kum Den receipt
Er, I think there is a mistake on the address on the bill, it's supposed to be 'Waratah Place', an alley off Little Bourke St, between Swanston and Russell.

Fish maw & sea cucumber@QJD Melb
Braised sea cucumber and fish maw AUD38

A visit to Quan Ju De is not to be missed if you are in Mebourne. Despite some bad press and reviews, I still think it's worth a visit there. You don't necessarily had to have duck there, they do very good dishes other than the duck.

We of course also ordered the default roast duck (half, not pictured) AUD40. This time round, the duck meat was moist but not fatty which I like and prefer.

Our other default order was Wuxi ribs AUD28 (not pictured). I haven't tasted a better version. The meat was flavorful, tender and moist and just fell off the bone, cooked to perfection.

le petit gateau
Le Petite Gateau: Chupa Choc AUD7 and nougat praline millefuille AUD7

Princess looked forward to afternoon tea and our haunts were Laurent Patisserie, Le Petite Gateau and Koko Black (for the legendary iced chocolate AUD7.20).

Le Petite Gateau is the only patisserie I am impressed with in Melbourne CBD. Laurent, I have blogged to death and gotten quite sick with but it's location is convenient.

No comments: