Monday, October 11, 2010

[Sydney June 2010] Bacco Pasticceria

Bacco Pasticceria
Chifley Plaza
2 Chifley Square
Sydney


Bacco
After lunch at Chat Thai, we walked around Haymarket.

The rain kept going and when it get really heavy, we hopped on the free green city loop bus and hopped off near Chifley Square. The rain was so heavy, we couldn't see past the window so we decided to get some sweets and head back to the hotel.

It was lunch time and the place was super busy.

Oh, everything looks good behind the glass. After consulting with Princess almighty we got the pear and caramel and chocolate mousse on a bed of chocolate crispy balls and a pistachio macaron.

Pear n caramel cake & pistachio macaron

The cake was very good but the chocolate balls were chewy. Pear and caramel were a great pairing! The mousse was smooth and flavorful. The poached pear was delicious, flavorful and hold its shape, not mushy! Macaron was disapointing though, the shell was dry and chewy and I can taste strong almond essence, ewwww. It's just almond essence is my 'enemy', I don't like it and it doesn't like me. I felt pukey and light-headed when I taste it, eww, eww, ewww.

Bacco receipt

I thought the gateau was fantastic and made a mental note to return and try the other offerings but the thought was completely forgotten when I met Justin North's exquisite creations and Adriano Zumbo's legendary creations. Watch this space.

3 comments:

Gastronomy Gal said...

I will be watching this space!!

Gastronomy Gal said...

cute! I know what you mean about essences- I much prefer vanilla extract to essence!

Rabbit Sim said...

Gastronomy Gal-that's right, essence, no no. I cannot forgive anyone who substitute pistachio paste with almond essence. They go straight into my black list.

Adriano Zumbo's whatever creations are simply out of this world. Both the visual impact and taste will knock you out of your chair. Simply legendary the man.