Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Dumouchel Cakes

Pretty packaging from Dumouchel

I am not going to bake my birthday cakes, nooooooo.................

I came across an article in the September issue of Olive (eating/makan magazine which I STUDY religiously every month hehe) on patissier Thierry Dumouchel.

Hailed from Normandy, Dumouchel has worked all over the world and finally settled in Leeds (hurray!) after marrying his wife from (yes you guessed it) Leeds.

He produces exquisite chocolates destined for Harvey Nichols. If it's good enough for Harvey Nichols, it's good enough for me! I told Big King he must drive me there to have a look see and pick up a cake or two........

A tiny shopfront with magazine features (several) pasted on the door. Tacky, I thought to myself........

When I entered the shop, only two trays of cakes greeted me :( plus odd pieces of quiche and one danish. It was only a little after 11 am! Surely that's a good sign that they are almost sold out so early...........

I went home with 2 slices of cakes, 1 danish and 1 Pain Normand (Normandy loaf I think).



The cold pastry was still crispy! Only fresh and seasonal fruits are used, nice............

Left: White chocolate mousse and raspberry slice
Right: Raspberry or strawberry? mousse slice

The cakes are delicious! Easily one of the best or the best I have tasted so far! Even Big King (whom sometimes I think has lost all taste sensation....) gave a thumbs up

I will definitely return for more! Oh, L'Opera wait for me...............

No comments: