Monday, April 10, 2006

Best Kolo Mee in Bandar Seri Begawan - Quarry Kolo Mee

Majority regard the kolo mee from Seria as the best in Brunei. After several cirit-birit (diarrhoea) episode after savouring them, I hate to say it is the WORST in my opinion.

Quarry kolo mee, as it is widely known, can actually be found in a 'hole in the wall' canteen at Bee Seng Quarry, Jalan Tutong. Having been around donkey years, I only ever discovered it recently like 2 or 3 years ago. Can't blame me, there is an equally delicious 'illegal' kolo mee vendor just within spitting distance of my house which has sadly been closed down after being reported in by jeolous competitor nearby.

Kolo mee is by no means hard to cook but to cook it well is another story 是一門大學問. My dad makes pretty decent kolo mee whereas I just cincai hantam haha.

Quarry kolomee

I like having my fix with wantan, char siew and lots of pickled chilli那是一定要的啦!

No comments: