Friday, January 04, 2008

Tetsuya's Black Truffle Salsa

Truffle is not for the cheapskates, like me.

Scrambled egg with truffle

There is so much rave about truffle so I decided to have a try myself. Recent visit to Black Pearl Epicure in the valley, I scored the much raved about Tetsuya's black truffle salsa. I have read how someone rushed to the counter and bought a jar after tasting it in the acclaimed Tetsuya's restaurant in Sydney. So my mind scream, die die must try!

The black dots in the scrambled eggs are the famed truffle. I was apprehensive putting it in my mouth cause, phwoarrrr, the smell! gila man it's like having the gas station right in your kitchen/living room/entire house!

Carefully coaxing Princess to try a small bite. 'Nah, eat lah, your favourite bah, eggs, ho chia bah'.

Princess took one bite and immediately spit out the precious 'black dots'. Covering her mouth with both her hands; almost inaudible mai liao, mai liao, still managed to escape through the heavily guarded mouth.

OMG, that bad??

Die lah, no choice, I have to eat ALL of it. *Sob*Sob* First time eating an expensive stuff so susah.

So I shove a BIG heap tablespoon into my reluctantly open mouth. It seemed the smell and taste hit the brain at the same time. TMD, it's like swallowing 2 or 3 gas stations in one go.

I think I'll just stick to my faithful smoked salmon.

*Sob* money wasted.

No comments: