Tuesday, June 16, 2009

[Melbourne 2009] Chadstone. Salsa's. Koko Black

Second last day in Melbourne, we decided to visit Chadstone. I am interested in the gourmet market which I believe is a first in a shopping mall, at least in Oz.

Free Chadstone shuttle
Chadstone shuttle (free)

Catch it at corner of Lt Bourke St and Swanston St just outside Chinatown's entry.

The journey took about half an hour to 45 minutes depending on traffic.

Not much for me to see, regretted coming. It's just like another Westfield.

We had lunch at Salsa's, which, came to Queensland, last month.

Aiyoo, waste of my time, this trip to Chadstone >_<.

Salsa's@Chadstone

Taco meal@Salsa's
Taco meal

Still a long time to kill before the shuttle depart so we went to Koko Black to look see and came away with an assortment of chocolates.

Man, they are delish! Forget Haigh's, buy Koko Black!

Koko Black@Chadstone

Chloe eats chocolate

Sweet Temptations@Chadstone
The Sweet Temptations Patisserie caught my eyes as soon as I walk near the entrance.

First time I went in to have a look, I was not impressed. But so many patrons. So I went in again after lunch, still not impressed. Me and Princess walked all the way back to Laurent Patisserie at the other end of the building to have our tea. Man, what a long walk that was.

Then I went into Sweet Temptations yet again to have a final look. Gosh, I don't know why the shop is still open and have so many customers. None of the stuff inside the shop looked delectable.

But at least I got some nice Valrhona choccies from Simon Johnson.

Very unproductive morning and afternoon.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't understand why people like Haigh's, especially when they can have chocolate from Koko Black!

Have you tried their hot chocolate? So delicious!

Rabbit Sim said...

Yeah, Koko Black is so so much better than Haigh's.

The popularity of Haigh's baffled me too.

But there is one fine item on Haigh's shelf and that is Rinaldi's nougat. Absolutely divine!

Oh gosh, hot chocolate, next time next time.

I have this 'hot-chocolate-phobia' after I had one at Max Brenner.

Not to say its not fantastic, it was way too sweet. I have a really sweet tooth, but even that I can't handle.