Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Neighbourhood Thai Restaurant

Mixed entree@Thai Country
Mixed entree

Sweet&sour chick@Thai Country
Sweet and sour chicken rice

Sat down, need to flag down waitress several times before she actually acknowledged me.

Entree came in 10 minutes after ordering. Good. But other tables who ordered after me ALREADY got their first dish.

The waitress did not come and clear the plate after we were done. I waved and said 'excuse me' to no avail. She ignored me. After about 10 minutes, she came to clear the plate. No words exchanged, she did not even make eye contact.

Then it was THE LONGEST wait for a plate of stir fry tomatoes and chicken pieces with PRECOOKED rice.

The rice arrived friggin FORTY FIVE minutes after our entree plate was cleared.

Other tables came and went. We were the first patrons and last to leave the restaurant. Sat down at around 12.15pm and left at 1.50pm!! We only came in for a quick lunch! Hah, a joke.

Obviously anyone other than black haired were treated like VIP and we were left forgotten. The cook actually brought out our plate of miserable rice. The waitress hovering over blonds and brown hairs' table chatting away animatedly.

It was the first time I did not finish my food in a restaurant and left without a doggy bag even and vowed not to step foot in anymore neighbourhood Thai establishments.

Suffice to say I did not leave a tip.

3 comments:

Gastronomy Gal said...

that's awful! Don't go back there- you should let them know how appalled you were!

Rabbit Sim said...

Gastronomy Gal,
Most places I will give then second chance and make my complaints known.
But this place, I sort of didn't care, both in terms of food and the atrocious service.
Preferential treatment is normal but you need to respect other customers too.

Anonymous said...

I can cook that sweet and sour jie.no need u go out eat. AHHAHAHAA -B