Thursday, June 26, 2008

[Cook] Lasagne

My friend SY asked me how do I cook my pasta.

Hmmm, I have only ever cooked pasta in ragu, lasagne and spinach & ricotta canelloni . Oh not forgetting the instant Japanese mentaiko pasta sauce. Delish!

Here is the lasagne I cooked recently.

Homemade lasagne

I am not the greatest cook in the world, nor am I the sort who (die-die) insist on cooking from scratch for every dish.

You need:
Lasagne sheets (I used dried store bought variety - 8 sheets)
A bottle of ragu (I used Bertolli oven roasted garlic with wine)
Bechemel sauce
Mince (beef or pork or chicken)
Parmesan cheese and cheddar cheese (you could use other cheese you like)

Please google up bechemel sauce. They are dead easy. Alternatively you could use store bought one if you are time-strapped.

I think the whole world knows how to brown mince and pour over a bottle of ragu. If not, I suggest you visit the nearest restaurant :P.

Assemble:
1. Oil an oblong dish. Start by layering meat sauce, followed by bechemel sauce followed by cheese followed by lasagne sheets.
2. Repeat until all ingredients used up and finish with bechemel sauce topped with cheese. NOT lasgane sheet, very yucky!
3. Bake in preheated oven at 180 degree celcius for 45 minutes.
4. Voila, serve, enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

woo XD nice lasagne you got there haha..i just moved to brisbane like a week ago xD studying at QIBT now lol so im totally new here i got lost in coles HAHAHA so paiseh you know?XD