Sunday, May 11, 2008

[Brisbane] Kaiten Sushi - Sushi Train

Sushi Train
Shop 9
Market Sq Shopping Centre (& various locations)
Sunnybank
Qld 4109
Website: http://www.sushitrain.com.au/

It's in a location handy for my toro fix.
Salmon toro sushi by Sushi Train
Salmon toro (belly) sushi

Quite good value at only A$2.xx per plate. Also had tuna toro, unagi and karaage.

Wasabi Mayo by Sushi Train
Wasabi mayo

Karaage is good with the wasabi mayo. Sure to get extra kick.

To be honest, I only went to taste the wasabi mayo unique to Sushi Train. Heee. And I think it's worth the trip.

The bill came up to A$20.00. Not too bad but still I prefer Hanaichi.

********
Today is Mother's Day, no special celebration for me. Went to city to buy Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser. I've been eyeing it for a few years now. Restock my trusted Aesop camellia nut facial cream, a winter saviour to my dry face.

And then we went to Hanaichi. I had prawn tempura udon. Udon is very slippery, a far cry from those packets in supermarket chiller.

The purpose of this visit to to eat uni (sea urchin roe). So sweet and creamy. Yum. Also have my must eat, salmon toro. Didn't order the tuna toro as the tuna sashimi didn't look too good.

For dessert we had, black sesame creme brulee with black sesame ice-cream, came with a quarter of dorayaki (red bean pancake) and green tea cake roll with green tea ice-cream.

Happy :))))

No comments: