Tuesday, November 25, 2008

[Brunei 2008] Nasi Lemak from Le Apple

Nasi lemak (rich rice??) is a common breakfast item in south-east Asia.

Nasi Lemak @Le Apple

There were chicken or beef to choose from. I tasted the chicken version and I can say I would much prefer the beef version though I never got to try XD.

Point is, don't bother with the chicken. My dad had the beef version for both lunch and dinner, I guess its not bad.

Get in to Le Apple as soon as it opens at 8am, they sell out fast. While it may not be the most fantastic nasi lemak on earth, it only sells for BND1 a pop.

My favourite nasi lemak is my parent's version. They used to sell pre-packaged ones at the tamu (market). Sometimes I bring a packet to school and another for my friend C. But they have stopped cooking/selling nasi lemak like 20 years ago. My friend C still reminisce those 'nasi-lemak days' with me now after all these years.

No comments: