Friday, August 12, 2005
Quick and Easy One Pot Chicken Rice
This dish can be whipped up in no time. Perfect when you are short of time.
Ingredients (serve 2):
1 cup rice, rinsed and set aside in rice pot
2 dried mushroom, reconstituted
2 chinese sausages (lap cheong), sliced thinly diagonally
1 chicken breast
2 drumsticks, deboned
1. Cut chicken meat into small cubes or strips and marinate with salt, pepper, rice wine and cornflour.
2. Heat pan, stir fry lap cheong on low heat until most fat has melted away. Discard the oil and chuck lap cheong into rice pot.
3. Heat wok until smoking and stir fry chicken and mushroom.
4. When chicken is half cooked, pour in 1 cup of water, light soy sauce, a little sugar and some salt to taste. (I never measure, just agak-agak) The liquid must be slightly saltier than normal. Bring liquid to boil. Turn off heat immediately and pour into the rice pot.
5. Cook as you normally cook your rice.