Friday, August 12, 2005
This is the second time I made soy milk. I used a mixture of yellow soya bean and black bean.
Big King said it tasted like the famous 'Yong He' soya milk from Taiwan. Gee not bad for second attempt.
Rabbit's way of making:-
1 cup yellow soya beans
½ cup black bean
2 screwpine leaves
1. Soak the beans for at least 8 hours, until they double in size. Change the water at least 2 times.
2. Discard the soaking water. Bring a pot of water to boil and add in the beans. Adding more water if it becomes too dry. Boil until beans are cooked. Discard the liquid.
3. When the beans are cooked, bring a fresh pot of water to boil (ratio of beans to liquid is 1:5).
4. As soon as the water boiled, blitz the beans with the hot water in batches(careful, it will splatter everywhere if you blitz too much at one time).
5. Pour 4 into a pot (do not strain for more concentrated flavour) and bring to boil quickly (this will prevent burning at the bottom). Lower the heat to simmering point and boil for at least 1 hour. Add in screwpine leaves.
6. Leave to cool before straining.
This is a lot of effort but the end result made it worthwhile.