I have promised someone in my earlier post on chocolate and banana cupcake that I would post the recipe when I bake it again.
So here it is.
150g plain flour
25g cocoa powder
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
½ tsp salt
100g unsalted butter, melted
2 large eggs
4 small or 3 large very ripe bananas (wait until skin almost black),mashed 1 tsp vanilla extract
Plain or dark chocolate chip or chunks*
White chocolate chips
2 lb loaf tin or 12 hole muffin pan lined with case
1. Preheat oven to 170 degree celcius.
2. Put the flour, cocoa powder, bp, bicarb and salt in a bowl and mix well and sieve.
3. Mix the melted butter with the sugar until well combined and beat in eggs one at a time followed by the mashed bananas and then vanilla extract.
4. Add the sieved flour mixture, a third at a time, mixing well and scrape down with a spatula before adding the next batch.
5. Stir in the chocolate chips.
6. Scrape into baking tin and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Test by inserting cake tester or fine skewer, it should come out clean.