Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Strawberry Trifle


Strawberry trifle
Originally uploaded by Rabbit Sim.
The other day I was rummaging through the fridge and found that the strawberry is going off.

I pondered for a while what to do with it and decided to cook strawberry compote and let it sit in the fridge until I was ready to use it.

So last night, I made this trifle.

Big King had wanted to buy strawberry trifle from supermarket last weekend. I remembered my strawberry compote and the tin of Bird's eye custard lurking in the cupboard and told him I can make lah, no sweat.

Off I went to look for ready made sponges for only 50p per packet (got 8 pieces). Bargain! Even cheaper than making it yourself.

Method:
Arrange strawberry compote at the bottom, followed by sponge cake, followed by custard. Garnish with a cherry. I omitted the cream for obvious reason...
Tada! Done, eat!

No comments: